Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Friday, April 13, 2012

Happy Friday!!

 

Well, it’s another Friday the Thirteenth and I’m not even a little bit scared…knock on wood. 

DSC_0001 (3)

I was going to do something cool and slick about tripping into the techie age with my new phone…but alas, even I’m smart enough to know this phone is really already outdated.  But it is MY new phone and I now have unlimited talk and text.  Once we transferred my Mom’s phone service to her new place, I came to the realization that 1,000 minutes shared between my 17 year old daughter and myself, were just not going to be enough. So yesterday I updated (and of course – extended) my plan to accommodate our needs.  Now when I get texts from my nieces and nephews, I won’t have to pay that extra charge…but then it goes without saying (then why am I saying it?) I will need to learn how to text back to them.  Here I come into the techie age dragging my stone tablets and chisels. :)

Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend!!!  Watch out for those black cats.  :)

9 comments:

Rohrerbot said...

Hi there Magpie,

I'm the same way....we just got a new phone last night but I didn't have the energy to fool around with it....too tired. There is a headset to it!!! I've never used one of those before so it should be fun to experiment with:)And be careful....texting is addicting:) It's also fun and quick. Have a good weekend. Hope you get some rain. Chris:)

Pat MacKenzie said...

Have fun with your new toy. It won't be long before you have callouses on your strained thumbs! Welcome to the techno age.

Kathy said...

I think we're leading parallel lives. I got my first smart phone this week. I managed to step on my old phone about a month ago and it managed to keep plugging away until last Saturday night when it suffered a major coronary and died. I don't have any desire to text but now I can if I really have to. To me the most important thing is to have some Internet coverage. Living out in the middle of nowhere, satellite Internet service is really dicey and our power goes out frequently. During tornado season I feel very vulnerable not knowing what's happening around me. Just one afternoon this week, we were hit with a tremendous storm, the power went off, and by using my smart phone I discovered that a small community just four miles from us had been deemed extremely ripe for a tornado. At least I knew to keep my vigilance up until the danger passed rather than being completely clueless. I do like sneaking a peek at my e-mails from time to time when I have to go into town or take my mom to doctors' appointments, etc!

Randy said...

You going to get hooked. I never thought I would get hooked, now I can't live without my iPhone.

Brian Miller said...

nice...we are getting ready to change to the disposable phone because our carrier is getting so expensive....nice new phone...happy weekend!

Judy said...

I wonder what the young people today would think if we had to go back to the way it was when I was in high school in the 60's. I have a cell phone but I never remember to turn it on.

Anonymous said...

Wow, first a Nook. Now a new phone. Careful there, Magpie, before long you'll be wanting one of those teevees in your house!

Thérèse said...

Randy is right...
+ our kids don't have to lend me their's when we were outside close to other people. The little antenna of my past one was really Not Cool... Have fun!

Cezar and Léia said...

Sometimes I have that sensation I'm in the stone age LOL because I refuse to get a mobile phone! :)
Léia

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.