Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Monday, April 16, 2012

Swarming to “bee” near you…

 

Yes, it is that time of year as Chris at Las Aventuras pointed out.  The bees are swarming.

DSC_0001

I wondered why Nicole and Kayla came in the front door after school…this is why.  They were greeted by this swarm of bees at the back gate.

DSC_0008

It took the swarm a few minutes to calm down enough and snuggle in all close to one another…and another…and another.  I love bees and I know how important they are to have around, but I am happy with the small hive in the hollow of one of our trees and I hope these guys move on in the morning.

DSC_0011 (2)

I had to find just the right spot so I could see them and get a halfway decent shot. Nicole was thinking I might have gotten a little too close.  But they weren’t bothered by me and I left them alone.

We’re sitting out in the evening air now enjoying the coolness and can hear the bees softly buzzing a lullaby.

11 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ok wont lie...this intimidates me a bit...that is a lot of stinking bees....wow...bet there is a lulaby from that many...yikes...

steveroni said...

As a child, I knew only of bees as an enemy. I found how important they are to so much of life!

Really neat how you describe their 'song' as a lullaby. You get amazing pictures, No Matter What!

Bye, for now...
in PEACE!

Rohrerbot said...

Whoa....that is some crazy bee action going on. That's what it looked like yesterday. Today I saw only a couple. Hopefully they are just passing through...my guess is that they are protecting their queen. Now that's what I call protective service!! Hope they settle down a bit:) Love the action shots.

Cezar and Léia said...

ohmigod, brave girl!Awesome captures!
** I'm allergic of these lovely bees, so that I would be very very nervous there! ;)
hugs
Léia

Thérèse said...

It's crazy!

Kathy said...

Yes, you are brave! I am allergic to bee stings and I'm not bothered by being near one or two. But this many! I don't think my EpiPen would handle more than a couple of stings.

Diane AZ said...

Oh wow, that's a lot of bees! I'm glad they're behaving well but I am reminded of what Winnie-the-Pooh says, "You never can tell with bees."

Anonymous said...

My Mom used to tell me this story, phonetically:

"AB,CDBs?"
"LMNOBs."
"OASAR!"

Judy said...

It looks like you did get kind of close! That is a lot of bees!

Pat MacKenzie said...

Wow, that's a lot of bees. I've never seen bees swarming. Great pictures.

Small City Scenes said...

Bob and I are probably going to be in Chandler in October maybe we can run into each other and Tracy or who-ever. Might be fun. MB

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.