I had an idea about lighting for my new porch swing that Nicole and I made happen the other day.
I bought these sweet little jars to hold tea light candles.
We put cup hooks in the beam added chain and waited for it to get dark.
This picture doesn’t do it justice, but you’ll get the idea. It was a wonderful, soft glow and made enjoying the swing at night even better.
Guess what?? I’m headed back up to Strawberry with Annie this weekend. We need to get some things that she left up there after our last trip. You don’t suppose she did that on purpose, do you? I’ll catch up with everyone when I get back. Be safe and enjoy your weekend.
8 comments:
that is very cool...i like the lights and i bet they give just enough light to set the mood by your bench
So creative and beautiful! You really are enjoying your porch swing. Have fun this weekend! :)
Oh, I love it! We have a pergola with a wisteria growing on it and our patio table underneath. I keep thinking little lanterns hanging above would be nice. You've inspired me!
These are awesome. Have a great time in Strawberry.
GREAT place to meditate after sun gone down, soft lights, cool(?) of the evening, swing!
And Ma'am, you KNOW she left "a few things" so you had to return!!!--grin!
Enjoy life, it only happens once...and that is.........NOW!
LOVE your photos!
Are you getting crafty?
How cool!!!
thanks for the two moments images, day and at night, the lamps are adorable, a great idea, very creative one!
Have a nice week,
hugs
Léia
Like those lights....they add a lot of personality to the space. I used to have tea lights and light them on special occassions...now I have solar lights that will automatically do it for me. Target has got some fantastic ones that look great. Your lights look great and I bet during monsoon they'll make for an awesome addition during a monsoon viewing:) Enjoy!
Post a Comment