Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Monday, January 18, 2010

Jewels of the air…

Today I was out enjoying our wet weather and got a few pictures of a precious little hummingbird…

DSC_0298 (3)He’s a chubby little thing, isn’t he? Actually, I think he looks so round because he’s just pushing off to go get a drink from the feeder.

 DSC_0302 (3)See, he’s much trimmer than he appeared in the other shot.

DSC_0317Such a little cutie….but he guarded his feeder fiercely. Chasing off any would-be trespassers.   

DSC_0316

I think I’ll name him….Rambo….he’s such a tough guy.

2 comments:

Life Is A Road Trip said...

Nice pictures, Nancy! I saw one in California eating off a Bird of Paradise, but I wasn't quick enough.

Lisa said...

Boy, those are some great pictures. The feather detail you captured is amazing.

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.