in search of water. Okay not quite the song lyrics you were expecting, but it fits what Tracy and I were up to on Tuesday.
This piece of art is entitled “Water Source” and is located at Goodyear’s Dog Park. The artist Marta Thoma was inspired by the nearby Gila River. The art piece is made of recycled materials and has solar-powered illumination. We’ll need to stop by some time after dark to see how it looks then.
This was, of course, also at the dog park. But it’s more what I would expect to see. :)
6 comments:
I didn't really "get it" until I saw the closeups. That's pretty neat. Love those colors! So you and T were hanging out in the dark park, huh? You haven't started barking at each other, have you?
love the fluidness in this...and that is not a pun...cool on the colors as well...and the sun passing through...
That is amazing. Love that she used the different colored bottles.
Oh! What the human mind can conjure. It brings a smile--the flowing lines, the colors, beauty. And it is one's perception of a subject--water.
I like it--I don't LOVE it! Now...the fireplug, that's another story. But before I get in over my head........
PEACE!
I love the idea of using colored bottles-- beautiful! I hope we'll get to see some after-dark pics sometime. My girls love the movie "The Princess and the Frog" and in it, there's a cajun lady with a house in a swamp. The ceiling of her house has hanging colored glass bottles all over, and I'm totally going to steal that idea for my patio. Other people read Architectural Digest or Martha Stewart-- I get my decorating ideas from Disney movies.
Been through the desert.....On a horse with no name.......
I love this, I have to stop by there sometime. Maybe when I feel like playing frisbee.
Post a Comment