Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Sunday, January 29, 2012

Arizona kicks off….

 

DSC_0112

it’s centennial celebration in Buckeye with an old-fashioned….

 

DSC_0018

cattle drive.  This was truly an amazing thing to see in this day and age.  Right down the middle of Main Street true life cowboys (not Hollywood wannabes) drove a herd of cattle to lead off the parade.

 

DSC_0019

Cowboys come in all ages and sizes and most begin their ranch life at a very early age.

  

DSC_0021

The cattle did have lots of opportunities to misbehave, but they didn’t stray from the herd.

 

DSC_0024

Leslie, this cowboy’s for you!  (Leslie is my niece who’s currently relocating from Tulsa to Tucson)

 

DSC_0028

And what can I say about this???  The badly dressed fellow on the end, I can make allowances for since he’s the rodeo clown who would be working the bull riding at the rodeo later in the day, but what’s up with the guy “driving” the horse?  We might have to take away his “real” cowboy status.

I had a wonderful time with Alice and Annie watching the parade.  You’ll see more pictures in the days to come.

11 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

Don't ya just love a cowboy. Oh yeah!!!
I have a picture at a High School Rodeo where a girl is warming up her horse and texting at the same time. Modern day cowpeoples. LOL

steveroni said...

I-LUV-A-Para-ade, and I love your photo-magic...which also tells a story.
Maybe more than words??!!!

Diane AZ said...

It truly is amazing to see all the cowboys and cattle on Main Street. Looks like it was a beautiful day for a parade.

tracy said...

Is it still legal to text and ride?

Randy said...

Looks like it was a fun day!

Brian Miller said...

nice...love all the steers and cowboys...nice inflatable flag too...very cool pics!

Thérèse said...

I wish I could have been there...

Kathy said...

Even cowboys are suckers for the electronic age.

Judy said...

Fun stuff! I can't get my cowboy to use a cell phone.

Sharon said...

What a great group of photos! I hope some easterners get to see these.

tracy said...

The only thing that pops in my head is "STEER clear". :-)

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.