Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Friday, June 29, 2012

At the end…or new beginning…

 

I choose to see this as the end of the project, but the beginning of the tables’ new lives.

DSCN1458

Didn’t Greg do a wonderful job at executing my design plans? Because I have to be really honest…he did 98% of the work.

 

DSCN1461

These are the glass mosaic tiles that we picked out together for the top.  We couldn’t find anything with more of a yellow theme, but liked the nature colors and tones in these.

 

DSCN1464

Now my favorite part…getting to use them again. A nice cool glass of Apricot Honeybush Tea, a candle and a good book…all next to my swing.  Life is perfect!!!  

13 comments:

steveroni said...

Ah! "The Good Life"...Apricot Honeybush tea, candle, and book titled "PEACE IS EVERY STEP". I agree, life at this moment--and what other moment is there EVER?--is perfect!

Hey you might consider going into business, helping the ill and aging have a renewed--new--life. I'm talking about old deformed (etc.) tables and chairs!

Many Peeps would have thrown out, what you put in bed and nursed back to health with talent, artistic/design, tiles, paint, time and love.

Think about it. I'm thinking about it--for you!

Bye!
Steve

Brian Miller said...

oh dang, these look really good...the tile tops are really cool and i think the colors play well together...score on the remodel of these

Diane AZ said...

What a transformation! The tables are beautiful. Enjoy your book and tea. :)

Anonymous said...

They look great, Nancy! Kudos to you both!

Betsy Brock said...

What a wonderful makeover! They look great! I love your choices here...just perfect with your yellow swing!

Kathy said...

Love those tiles. They're the perfect color. You did a good job with a little help from Greg.

Randy said...

These are awesome. Love the glass tiles.

Judy said...

Those turned out perfect, looks great with your porch swing.

Rohrerbot said...

That drink looks delish!!! I could go for one of those right now:) The tables look great. I know you have shade, a swing and all that but it's super hot! Hope you have a good weekend! Enjoy your new furniture:)

Thérèse said...

Could add only one word to "life is perfect"
Enjoy!
(and congratulations to both of you.)

Cezar and Léia said...

It does look nice!
God bless you!
Cezar

Small City Scenes said...

Life IS perfect there. Beautiful job, Greg. Now you enjoy too.
I like how the tiles compliment each other. MB

Harshi said...

That's a wonderful makeover! :)

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.