Annie and I made the trip back down the mountain yesterday afternoon. We got caught up in a traffic jam that was five miles long when we jumped on board. It ended up stretching back ten miles before all was said and done. There was a fire in the median south of Cordes Junction. This is always one of the hazards of traveling north for the weekend around here. Don’t you know the restrooms at Sunset Point were doing a bustling business because not all of us were brave or desperate enough to stop at a shrub along the way.
We had a wonderful time and the weather couldn’t have been better. I just know I’m really meant to live in the mountains…maybe someday.
I was enjoying a book while up there and will leave you with a quote from a Native American, Ohiyesa (Charles Alexander Eastman).
“”We know that the God of the educated and the God of the child, the God of the civilized and the God of the primitive, is after all the same God; and that this God does not measure our differences, but embraces all who live rightly and humbly on the earth.” Ohiyesa
9 comments:
Beautiful view of the sky through the trees! I love the colors and the quote as well. :)
love that quote...and glad you enjoyed your slow down...its not all bad...but that sounds like quite the back up...
wow...what a neat quote! That one is new to me.
I just love that photo...that's the kind of view I could look at all day long!
Wonderful post and photo. I just love the sound of the wind in the trees.
A wise quote is the least to say. Enjoy the cooling effect of the mountain.
Lucky friend!Glad that you enjoy the mountains, I'm enchanted by your beautiful picture!
Mother Nature brings good and new energies to our hearts!
Léia
I love mountains! Richard
Sounds like you had a restful weekend. I like that quote and I wish my mother's church could have that attitude. I go to be respectful of her but cannot find solace in its beliefs.
I hate it when that happens!
But, that is a wonderful quote, I love it!
Post a Comment