Okay, being blue is sometimes something that takes control of me, but in this case, I’m not the one that’s blue.
I have no idea what button I must have pushed, but all these shots of the humming bird came out this way. I believe this is a female, but I don’t know of which kind of humming bird.
Maybe someone out there can help me identify it.
I’m going with the story that it was blue because it knew that Annie and I were headed down the mountain and it was sad. Don’t you think it looks a little sad?
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and that there’s not a blue one in the bunch. :)
11 comments:
:) You have me wanting to go up a mountain and explore:) I may phone a friend in the upcoming weekend:) Sometimes the lighting will affect the sensor of the camera and create these strange shots....and I say...go with it:) Now for the hummingbird.....here we go. The color is slightly off so I can't see the gorget(neck/upper chest) area. It has a long black bill. So here is my best guess....it's either A. a female Magnificent or B. a female Anna's. If you remember the female having a little red/pink patch around the throat area, it's an Anna's female. You and I would have fun birding....there is probably someone out there who can look at this pic and definitely tell straight up what female this is:) I'm not there yet....but I'm learning. My bet? The female Anna's. White patch over the eye, some darkening around the throat.....:)
The girl hummingbirds are too hard for me to identify but she sure does look sweet perched on the branch, looking around. I think she would approve of the beautiful blue tint, I find it soothing. :)
the blue actually adds a pretty cool softening to this...great capture...have yet to see any hummingbirds this year... : (
Even my color-blindness cannot hide that this is a blue hummer--grin!
Yup, I know it's not 'blue', nor are you...nor am I.
See ya another time, ear-poppin' Peep!
lovely...the blue is kinda cool!
Gorgeous shots.
How nice and still she sat for you! Before I opened up the comments section my thought was I'll bet Chris from Tucson can tell you what kind it is. And there was his comment as the very first one!
This incidental blue looks really great, you should try pushing assorted buttons in your camera! :)
God bless you!
Cezar
These little ones are not easy to photograph, never being still for long.
Sometimes my camera comes up with a color cast too. Not sure why.
Kathy knows me too well:) Hey they're fun challenges:)
Beautiful blues indeed! :)
Post a Comment