Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Monday, June 25, 2012

In the beginning…

 

I have no idea why now, in the heat of the summer, I have become inspired to do so many crafty little projects.  This is one I’ve been thinking about a lot lately and have just decided now is the time.

DSCN1403

I have had two of these outdoor tables for several years and they are beginning to look the worse for wear. 

 

DSCN1404

This was one of the tiles that used to be the top of the tables. This one obviously had a plant sitting on it more often and really looks bad.  You can see that they were made out of some kind of compressed material that is coming apart.

 

DSCN1406

After removing the “tiles” this is what was left.  The camera (or operator) didn’t quite focus on the right part of the frame…sorry.  But the most difficult part of this whole process was left to me to do.  I had to remove the old glue…not easy.  A chisel proved to be the best tool for the job.

 

DSCN1414

Now I have two frames all clean and ready for primer and paint.  Which my husband will apply this evening.  You’re just going to have to wait and see what I have planned for the new tops.   

11 comments:

Rohrerbot said...

I look forward to the end result!:) This is definitely the time to beef up the garden art and work inside the house! We're doing the same here as well. Lots of early mornings but 9 Am:) It can be really too much to be outside now....it's hard to even want to get up in the morning:)

Betsy Brock said...

Oh, what a tease you are! lol. :)

They look great so far...I love the shape of them!

steveroni said...

CRAP! Magpie, "WAIT-AND-SEE, WAIT-AND-SEE!"
That's what EVERYONE says,
even GOD!
--grin!

PEACE!

Kathy said...

I think this looks like a fun project. Revitalizing old things is just not one of my talents, but maybe I can learn some things from you! Don't leave us hanging too long!

Diane AZ said...

What a great project, I can't wait to see what you do with the tables!

Brian Miller said...

nice..they will cool i am sure when they are done...

Randy said...

I hope you will show the finished product.

Cezar and Léia said...

I think you are very talented and creative, I love the tables!Great artwork!
Léia

Thérèse said...

Great project... could be a nice inspiration for us too.

Judy said...

Oh boy! I love diy projects like this. To take something old and falling apart and make it beautiful again give such satisfaction.

Anonymous said...

They already look better. I am sure they will look fab when you (and Greg) are finished!

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.