Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Monday, August 13, 2012

Turtles and egrets and ducks, oh my…

 

DSC_0052

Going…

DSC_0053

going…

DSC_0054

gone.

Tracy and I braved the hot weather and got out to take some pictures one day last week.  One of the stops we made was at Friendship Park in Avondale.  They have a nice pond there with lots of water fowl and turtles.

DSC_0081

I think this duck has aspirations of being a flamingo.  He was quite comfortable standing around on one leg.  To sleep, some just preferred the old “looking behind me to see who’s sneaking up” style.

DSC_0079    

DSC_0092

I never did get a very good shot of the Snowy Egret.  It was the only one of its kind at the pond and didn’t like it if we got too close.

DSC_0094

I think his yellow feet are too cool.

 

DSC_0076

There was something a little militant about this fellow.  Could be the stripes.

It was really nice to get out and about. It was WARM though by the time we headed home.  I guess that’s not going to change for another month or so.  We’ll just have to be brave and drink lots of water.

5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ha he does have bright feet....i like the turtle progression....smiles...cool on you getting out with tracy as well...

Judy said...

Fun set of shots! The snowy egret looks like he's wearing yellow boots. I wonder why he's there all alone.

Rohrerbot said...

Bravo brave warrior ladies!!!! Nicely done:) Yes by the end of the morning, the heat begins to suck your lifeforce out. That's the only part is don't like....you wonder how the wildlife can handle it all:) Love the turtle pictures....very cool stuff. Hope you have a nice Tuesday:) Chris

Anonymous said...

Hey that was a good catch on the one legged duck and I love the photos of the egret! Next time we get together remind me to show you the movie I made. :-)

Kathy said...

I suppose it was just too hot for that turtle to stick any more of its body out of the water. That second egret shot is a blue ribbon winner in my contest!

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.