On Memorial Day, Nicole and I went to the cemetery to leave a small token for my first born son. It is always a sad time for us. It’s thinking of what might have been. I don’t believe James Paul is still there to talk to, but somehow find comfort in doing so. He’s always very close to me…in my heart and thoughts.
This statue sits in the middle of the children’s section of the cemetery. I think it’s quite beautiful.
“I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.” ~Michelangelo
3 comments:
How sweet and sad and loving. A memory!! MB
smiles. i have an older brother, i never got the chance to meet. thoughts for you today...
I can't relate to losing a child but I know it's something you never forget but you are still able to cherish the ones that came after.
Post a Comment