Today my blog is one year old!! And how did I celebrate this momentous occasion? I went out with my bestest buddy and we went used book shopping.
Today that meant hitting all the Savers and Goodwill stores we could find. We had so much fun and scored some good finds.
As a young girl, I loved the Merlin Trilogy by Mary Stewart. I’m curious to see if I’ll like these older ones.
Quotes:
“I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.” Anna Quindlen
7 comments:
it must have been fun. i see you are a Ray Bradbury fan, and I must say, his stuff are GOOD
nice. book shopping is always celebrating for me...love the smell of old books...
Well, happy birthday, Blog! So glad to hear to treated yourself to one of your favorite pleasures. Hope you celebrate many more birthdays.
Your blog friend.
When we were still in CA, hubby and I would go to used book stores and buy boxes full of books. In a couple weeks we would bring a box back that we had read and get more. We haven't found used book stores like that here in NE yet though. Glad to hear of someone else who loves reading too!
Do you buy many books? We move a lot, I just borrow or buy cheap recycled books.
Maha - I love "Something Wicked This Way Comes"..one of my favorites.
Brian - I love the smell of old books. We moved a lot as children, but I can tell you where every library in every town or on base was since 4th grade. I have always loved to read.
Techno - May I use your first name? :) I hope you soon find some stores, I love the thrill of the hunt for that one special edition.
Ann - I buy cheap used books...some I keep but a lot of them I donate back to the places where I buy them. I do try and make use of the library too, but sadly their selection gets smaller all the time.
I love the smell of my Kindle in the morning. Haha. I finished "Beatrice and Virgil" on the plane. I have to say that the ending made the struggle to get through it worth it.
Post a Comment