This is the doorway to my dentist’s office. I had to have a cleaning done on Tuesday. I have a very painful history with dentists in my past, but have found a place I can feel comfortable and safe.
As you can see from my x-rays, I have several fillings….from my misspent youth and courtesy of several military dentists. Don’t get me wrong, I love and appreciate the military, but where military dentist and children are concerned…not such a good mix.
As hard as I try not to, I still find my palms sweating and my hands clinching into fists. I have to talk myself down and remember things are better now. I’ve made sure Nicole has good memories of her trips to the dentist. She’s seen this dentist since she was three or four years old. The office is like a second home to her and it’s never a problem to get her to go. I really appreciate professionals who understand the importance of being compassionate and understanding with children in order to establish that life-long relationship.
Thank you Dr. Noelck!!!
2 comments:
i got all sweaty and my heart started pounding just looking at the pics...my childhood dentist was named Dr Malice, no joke...so sad...smiles.
Nice office. For some odd reason I never minded going to the dentist. Well I wished I didn't have to go but it was ok with me.
I did have some experiences as a child that were not good but I think in my mind it was the Dentist I didn't like not the procedure. I know I am completely batty. LOL MB
Post a Comment