I went outside this morning and looked at the “cool” spider Nicole and Kayla found.
I am an arachnophobic that is actually having the creeps posting these pictures. I can’t explain the sweating, shakes and heebie jeebies….they just happen.
Nicole and Kayla did some research when they got to school. They discovered this guy is a burrowing wolf spider that has probably lost his legs in fights with either other spiders or me – if I saw him first.
I didn’t have the heart to kill it while the girls were there….so this precious little fellow lives in my flower garden. Thanks to my cousin, Tressie, for pointing out to me that we are never more than six feet from a spider at any time.
I have to go throw up now.
5 comments:
Ah, the wolf spiders! They are tenacious types. I had one on the left outdoor mirror on my car one time and he held on for dear life while I drove 80 down the interstate. I couldn't knock him off. Also my friends who lived in Cornville, once while they were out of town, the Sheriff went out to their house because something had tripped the motion detector of their interior alarm system. After gaining entry, expecting to find burglars, the sheriff found a great big hairy wolf spider playing havoc with the motion detector! I'll take a spider over a lizard any day!
we get wolf spiders as well...guess we wont talk about the ones we inhale while we sleep either...smiles. just kidding..really...proud of you for being brave...
oh dear...I have a huge fear about spiders, I can't stare it! :)
BRAVE girl!
Hugs
Léia
Yuck, where the heck did they find him???
Lisa - On the washing machine! Glad they saw him before me.
Post a Comment