Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Paler shade of light….

 

This was the sunrise a couple of days ago…

DSC_0010

 

This is the sunrise this morning….

DSC_0002

 

As I watched the day slowly grow lighter (as in full of more light),  it made me think of the line “a lighter shade of pale” from a wonderful song.  Which in turn made me think of several things,, but the last was something I wrote in English class in the eighth grade.  Why do I remember this?  Because I had a great teacher and she was always pushing my buttons. 

The final sentence of an essay entitled, “Morning’s Light”, was       

“And away over there was the mist of the lake, and away and away the retiring night that was not as yet full of light, sliding gray over the dark black horizon.”

I got a B+ on that essay…I still have the graded copy….don’t ask.  But the only thing she had to ding me on was the fact that she felt  “But once it’s full of light, it isn’t night.”

I would like some input from my writing friends on how they feel about this grave miscarriage of justice.  I’m strong and can take criticism.  I mean I’m not the kind that will remember what you say forty years later or anything. ;)   

6 comments:

Brian Miller said...

pay no attention to her...i would have given you an A...smiles.

Cezar and Léia said...

Yes, that wonderful song!
God bless you!
Cezar

Kathy said...

She was obviously just a moron and didn't know real talent when she read it.

P.S. I love the sunrises you've captured.

tracy said...

A+ IN my book on both the photo and the essay!

Magpie said...

Were you guys serious or scared?
Love my buddies!!!

Thérèse said...

It's only years and years later that we do realize which kind of imprint they left on us.
There are the grades teachers give you and the grades you give to yourself. The hard part is how to analyse the whole thing.

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.