Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Monday, April 4, 2011

And that makes me feel brave…

 

If you’ve been following the ongoing story of life’s blessings and tragedies for Mr. and Mrs. Finch, you’ll be very happy to hear that they have persevered and there are new eggs in the nest.

DSC_0002 (5)(Picture courtesy of my sweet Nicole – done very quickly so as not to disturb the Finches.)

I don’t want to make light of all the current tragedies in the world, but I did see parallels in what happened to Mr. and Mrs. Finch and some things happening around the globe.  I know it’s a terrible time right now, but I hope and pray we’ll be able to persevere also and rebuild.

It all made me think of a song by Owl City entitled “Tidal Wave”.  If you have a chance to listen to the complete song, you should.  I think you might enjoy it.

 

“The end is uncertain
And I’ve never been so afraid.
But I don’t need a telescope
To see that there’s hope
And that makes me feel brave.”

10 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

Such a good news and Nicoli is so sweet to share this picture!
Love changes everything for good, it's a blessing!
Hugs and a nice week,
Leia

Kathy said...

Oh, how sweet! I'm so glad they're rebuilding. Looks like they got some fuzzy stuff to make their home softer.

(The verification word for this comment is "nestl." Seems somewhat fitting, doesn't it?)

Thérèse said...

Thanks for the good news! That's exactly what we all need.

Diane AZ said...

Wonderful news, lovely pic!

Brian Miller said...

nice hit on the owl city lyrics...i like them...and how cool on thebudding little family...we need every little ray of hope we can get so thanks for that...hows that leg?

Small City Scenes said...

Good for them---I am glad they are rebuilding.

Nice quote. MB

Sharon said...

I do hope we see some baby finches real soon.

cieldequimper said...

:-))

lizziviggi said...

On the contrary, I think we have so much to learn from nature whether it's as small as crushed eggs or as big as crushed buildings and lives. I like the optimism that perserverant finches (and you!) have given me today. I'm so glad they are making a new family.

Randy said...

That is great news! Lets just hope you don't have any strong winds soon.

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.