Well, technically, we didn’t. Tracy and I headed out on a road trip that took us to Lake Pleasant last Wednesday.
The water was so clear and this would have been the best spot to get our feet wet….but we didn’t either one want to sit down and take our shoes off. It was really just a metaphor thing for getting out and taking pictures. :)
The lake has changed so much since my high school days when I used to go there quite frequently. But then lava has cooled in that same time frame also.
The weather could not have been more perfect. We saw some nice wildflowers, but there was enough of a breeze that things were moving quite a bit.
And since I had promised myself to shoot in nothing but manual mood on my camera, I eliminated quite a few shots after I saw them on the computer. But I did stick to manual mood. Hope my older brother, Glen, is reading this.
We had a great time and relaxed and laughed. Perfect way to spend the day.
I’m heading off to the desert with Annie and Alice. I’m sure I’ll be dragging home some more rocks.
7 comments:
oh wow...what a gorgeous place...i know that was a fun trip and to be surrounded by such beauty....
Looks like you had a perfect day for a road trip to the lake. It's probably still just a tad cool to be dipping your toes in anyway. There will be plenty of time for that come July and August.
Oh, Brian, you are making me blush...:-)
Magpie, you captured the day perfectly! Nice job on the manual photos!
We used to go here alot when we were kids. It always seemed like such a long trip to get there. Now I hear there are homes all over.
The name of the lake seems quite appropriate, this place looks so inviting! Love the clear water in the first pic.
God bless you!
Cezar
It sounds like you had a nice day. You're brave to use manual mode. It scares me!
Lovely...
Best regards from France,
Pierre
Post a Comment