Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What are you reading???

 

These are just a few of the books I have my nose in right now. 

DSC_0001 (8)

I am also reading “Hunting Sweetie Rose” by Jack Fredrickson.  I have a long list of books waiting in the wings too.  What are you reading this summer?

8 comments:

Brian Miller said...

wow...intriguing list of books....lots of learning there...a theme though runs through them...

i am not sure the name of the book but its about a lady that left america to go live in australia...i picked it up at the used bookstore...and i am too lazy right now to go back to the bedroom...ha...

been swimming all afternoon...and walked around the fish hatchery this morning...that is my excuse....smiles.

Anonymous said...

I am reading a Steve Martini book. But you know me - I don't read as fast as you and more than one at a time and I get all confused. :-)

Rohrerbot said...

How can you read all of those at the same time? I'd get herbs mixed up with my Diabetes 2....that's some heavy reading. Religion, health, and herbal remedies.

I just read something by Wil Wheaton about Star Trek the Next Generation and it was quite funny. However, I'm in the middle of the The Ask and The Answer by Patrick Ness. It's good. Another trilogy but I like it.

Randy said...

Right now it's all I can do to get through one. I have started An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin, Paris was Ours by Penelope Rowlands and Dog On It by Spencer Cooper. The last one is one I am working on most. I have always wanted to read God Is Red, how is it?

Kathy said...

Just finished Bel Canto by Ann Patchett and am now working on The Good Guy by Dean Koontz. Next is The Master Butchers Singing Club by Louise Erdrich. Went to the library today and checked out Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez, April & Oliver by Tess Callahan, and an audio book, The Devotion of Suspect X by Keigo Higashino.

You're smarter than I am. I very seldom read nonfiction. I guess I live in a fictional world!

Diane AZ said...

Nice selection! We have the Elegant Universe, I haven't read it all but I like Brian Greene's Nova shows on PBS.

I just finished reading "How to Live: Or A Life of Montaigne in One Question and Twenty Attempts at an Answer" by Sarah Bakewell, I really enjoyed it and will probably read it again.

And, I'm a big fan of The Great Courses DVD's by The Teaching Company.

Judy said...

Wow! Heavy.
My sister, Pam gave me her old Sony Reader which was loaded with books that she had put on, so I am reading all of those right now. Not my usual but... waste not want not.

Small City Scenes said...

Interesting list of books---my reading is not that lofty. LOL I just read the 10th boodk in the series of the Murder Club Mysteries by James Patterson and also finished Private also by Patterson and am into a Virgil Flowers novel. So there---when laid up one reads more.

Oh miss magpie I hope October is still viable but with the doc saying I have long and slow recovery I just wonder. But I am aiming for it.
Take care, MaryBeth

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.