Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Monday, September 10, 2012

In Honor of Patriot Day…

 

Tomorrow, 9/11, is Patriot Day.  It is also my 19th anniversary.  It is difficult to mix the sorrow and joy that comes with these two events.

DSC_0008 (3)

This recently renovated memorial park in downtown Buckeye is a special place.

DSC_0004 (3)

There is a beautiful black marble wall engraved with the names of all the veterans from the Buckeye Valley communities, benches to enjoy the shade of the huge tree that sits in the middle of the small park, and also bricks engraved with the names of some of those that made the park possible.

 

DSC_0005 (2)

I found the construction of the sign fascinating.

Please take a moment tomorrow to remember those patriots who have given their lives through acts of heroism and sacrifices made in moments of terrorism. 

10 comments:

Diane AZ said...

The memorial park looks nice, certainly a worthwhile project for the community. Happy anniversary to you and your husband!

Brian Miller said...

was just talking with the kids in US history class about this today...many of them were 6 when 9/11 happened....almost a generation that does not remember....

Kathy said...

It's hard for me to think of 9/11 without tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. That's what I'm feeling even as I wrote that sentence.

Rohrerbot said...

Happy Anniversary!! We have the same situation in our family coinciding with 9/11. It's terrible that it happened on a birthday. As for the monument, I think it's a wonderful tribute to all those who have sacrificed their lives for our country. Hope you have a nice dinner planned for tomorrow.

Judy said...

What a nice park and memorial.
Have a Happy Anniversary!

Small City Scenes said...

Great memorial. A wonderful way to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice. I, too, am fascinated with the sign construction. Very cool.

Happy Anniversary also. MB

Randy said...

I hope you have a wonderful anniversary.

Cezar and Léia said...

Lots of love to your hearts, Happy anniversary! :)
Léia

Magic Moments said...

Beautiful park...I think is beautiful to remenber the people who have sacrificed their lives....Have a wonderful day...

Nature in the Burbs said...

Great shots! Love the last one too.

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.