Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Wednesday, September 5, 2012

When It Rains…

 

it pours!!  And boy did it!  Yesterday afternoon we had a storm cell move through that was very intense.

DSC_0005

The pictures are lousy, but you’ll get the idea. It was so dark, that the lens needed to stay open long enough to catch all the movement from the wind and rain.

DSC_0006

But unfortunately when storms like this move through, the winds can get to be quite dangerous.

DSC_0003

The neighbor lost a mesquite tree in his pasture.  It came up roots and all.  Greg and I had just been saying we needed to trim this one so he could mow under it without getting stuck by the thorns. Guess we won’t have to be doing that now…time for the chain saw.   

PS:  It’s official…I was offered a job at Barnes and Noble and I have orientation on Friday!  Yippee!

9 comments:

Rohrerbot said...

Congrats!!!!! That is as exciting as that downed mesquite! Rain, a job....money, more reading and chatting with new people.....you've got to be smiling tonight. Good for you! Now be careful about how much shopping you do:)

Pat MacKenzie said...

Wow! That was some storm! Barnes and Nobel! I'd spend my whole paycheck there if I worked there. Congratulations.

Kathy said...

Lots of cause for celebration: rain (even though it caused some damage) and a job at B&N! Wow-wee!

Brian Miller said...

oh wow that was a really powerful one....we had a storm cell hit us today during school...the kids got soaked on the breezeways and our auditorium flooded and we had to evacuate the kids there to other classrooms....


woohoo on the job!!!

Brenda's Arizona said...

Wow. WOW.

Cezar and Léia said...

Impressive! Please, take care okay!
Léia

Magic Moments said...

Wow....power of nature...

Judy said...

Those sudden fast moving storms that come through always seem to leave a bit of destruction in the path.

Congrats on the job!

Diane AZ said...

Hooray for you! I'm sure you will enjoy working at Barnes and Noble, how exciting!

Incredible to see all that water, and the poor tree.

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.