Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Friday, August 20, 2010

Busy as the Proverbial Bee…

With the beginning of school and play practice, my days have gotten extremely busy.  Add to that  I’ve started walking again in the mornings with Star, and Mom and I are doing a lot of “game” therapy….and whew….the time just flies.  I’ve also been working at cleaning up some stuff on my computer so I can try and see an improvement in my download speeds.  That means going through a zillion (no exaggeration!) pictures.  I had 229 pictures of my adorable great nephew, Justin, in one file and 118 in another.  That doesn’t count the ones on my laptop!  So I have been very remiss in visiting my blogging friends and posting.   Plus, I was planning on going to see my Pop one day this week and now it’s Friday and the week is gone.  We had a new couch delivered yesterday, bloodwork for Mom this week, a doctor’s appointment for her also, I have all the afternoon driving duty on the school carpool right now, and it’s BUNCO night tonight!!!  I sure could use some of that Calgon….if I only had a bathtub.  Oh, that makes me think of a picture I could take.

DSC_0212 (2)

Truly, I got up from the computer, grabbed my camera, got in the truck and went a quarter mile down the road and took this picture.  I’ve noticed this clawfoot bathtub in a neighbor’s “second hand lot” (read junkyard)  for weeks now and have been meaning to take a picture.  The line above just forced the issue.  Plus it made me laugh because Tracy and I had just had a conversation about me being a “brave” (read stupid) photographer while all she wants to do is have no one notice or see her taking pictures.  You can see at the top of the picture what happened to the last trespasser.

Can’t even remember what picture I was going to post here before the muse chased me out the door and down the road.  But I’m happy with this one.

7 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ha. nice pic...love the little sign...you could set that up in your backyard and have a hot tub...smile.s

Magpie said...

Brian-Hot tub is right. Not sure I could keep the new puppy out of it though. :) Have a great weekend!

Life Is A Road Trip said...

LOL,, when I saw this I thought of Cialis before I thought of Calgon. Obviously you don't need any of THAT.

Kathy said...

After hearing everything you've been doing, I think I'll just go take a nap. Or maybe a bath and then a nap. Thank goodness my bathtub is inside!

Betsy Brock said...

You are TOO cute!

Small City Scenes said...

I am not a vey 'brave' photographer. but I am getting better and now I will even get out of my car to take a pic. Oh My!! Who's lookin' anyway? MB

Cezar and Léia said...

A smile came to my face as I saw you mention about cleaning up the computer and then the picture of a junkyard... :)
God bless you!
Cezar

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.