Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cooling her heels…

 

DSC_0177

in her red hightops.  Yesterday the Drama Club held tryouts for their upcoming production of “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”.  The kids had to recite a monologue from a Shakespearean work that lasted 60– 90 seconds.   Nicole chose hers from Macbeth. I guess it’s bad luck to even mention the “M” name while preparing to perform….hope it didn’t jinx her.

 

DSC_0179

     

     It’s a proven fact (?) that closing your eyes helps you remember things better.  Kayla is living proof. :)

 

 

 

They’ll find out today if they were selected for a part.

7 comments:

Maha said...

she looks real pretty. Hope she'll get a role.

Cezar and Léia said...

Good luck for you all! :)
hugs
Léia

Kathy said...

Back to school already! Love the red sneaks~

Small City Scenes said...

It's true---concentration!! MB

Life Is A Road Trip said...

Oh, cool! I want to go see it! Good luck, Nicole! I hope she used her English accent.

Brian Miller said...

sweet. wish her the best of luck! and my chucks are black...smiles.

Magpie said...

Thank you all for your well wishes. Both Nicole and Kayla got parts in the play!! Nicole's part is Robin Starveling and Kayla's is Philostrate. We watched my copy on DVD after school today! Pretty racey for a school play. Most assuredly, Tracy, you will have to come and see it with us. Brian, she also has a black pair. :)

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.