Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bevy of Bassets….

 

Saturday I went to Annie’s house to take updated photos of the Basset Hound puppies that she and her daughter, Sara, are fostering.

DSC_0017

The cast of characters….

DSC_0004

Baldwin, the Basset that Sara adopted. I always want to call him Chuck. Don’t know why.

DSC_0006

He can be a bit “flighty” at times.

 

DSC_0029

This is Petunia named after Petunia Pig because she gets her share of the food and then some.  She’s the biggest of the three.

 

DSC_0050

This is Henri.  He is the only male of the three puppies and is said to be quite the baby…he whimpers and cries quite a bit. He already has a Forever Family waiting for him.

 

DSC_0049 

This is Minnie Belle and she has the sweetest temperament of them all.  She is the smallest, but has won over Annie’s heart.

 

DSC_0021

“Which one of these things is not like the others?  One of these things doesn’t belong.”  (Sesame Street)

DSC_0044

Miss Trixie was right in the thick of things, but she is obviously not a Basset Hound.

 

DSC_0069  

They love soaking up the sun and are pretty laid back when they’re not tearing everything up.

Basset parts….

DSC_0038

 

 

   Ear puddle….

 

 

 

DSC_0037

                                                            

   Legs?……                        

 

 

 

DSC_0039

 

 

   Foot…..

 

 

 

And this Grand Dame is Wrangler.  She is the matriarch of this family and is a saintly, long-suffering soul.

DSC_0072

We had a wonderful day.  I took over 70 pictures and took Nicole and Kayla with me so they could play with the puppies.  But, I have it on good authority  that everyone will be happy and thankful when the new additions have found their ways to their Forever Families.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't they precious! I have a hankerin' to go out and buy a pair of Hush Puppies.

Kathy said...

I wish I were close enough to borrow one of these guys for my 100 Dogs project. They are just toooooo cute!

Brian Miller said...

awww....i so want one of the hound pups gorgeous...

Thérèse said...

"Borrowing" would be an excellent idea!
I would have a hard time choosing one though.

Diane AZ said...

They all look so lovable and it's nice to learn about their personalities. Your pictures are great!

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.