Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Friday, February 18, 2011

Build it….they will come.

 

DSC_0002

This ball park is located in one of our local retirement communities.  I’ve seen the guys out playing when driving by in the past and today decided to stop and watch. 

 

DSC_0004

There was a very nice gentleman standing in the shade by the fence and I struck up a conversation with him.  Seems the guys play every Tuesday and Saturday – five games a day.  They’re on teams formed from the community and range in age from late fifties to early eighties!!

 

DSC_0003 

It was inspiring to see the hustle and teamwork happening on the field.  It’s good to keep moving….slows down the aging process.

 

PS:  We have a winner!!!  Mary Beth from Small City Scenes was the first to Guess That Novel!!!  It was indeed The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway.  And, yes, I did tell my father-in-law what the picture was for. :)  He was very accommodating and just laughed.

I’ll try and have another Guess That Novel up for Monday.  Have a wonderful weekend!!!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Those guys look to be in pretty good shape for old dudes. I guess that's what playing ball does for you!

Brian Miller said...

woohoo its baseball season again...our college team doesnt play a home game until march though...

Randy said...

I do miss going to Diamondback games.

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.