Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Tuesday, September 6, 2011

“Leaf” me alone…

 

DSCN1175

I found this fellow on the back porch this morning and he was quite nice about posing for some photos.

 

DSCN1174 

What I could find about him on the internet tells me he is a Leaf Bug of the order of Phasmida. The internet also said that he is most often found in Australia and Southeast Asia.  I’m guessing he’s a little off course, but I have seen them here in Arizona before.

 

DSCN1172

Up close and personal he’s a little intimidating.

 

PS: On a happy note, I believe we may have found new renters!  There’s still more to do to complete the process, but so far it’s looking promising. :)

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks like a Katydid to me!!! Order Orthoptera :) I think they are a cool looking bug if you ask me.

Randy said...

My friend stay strong and we will be here when you have the time to stop by.

Brian Miller said...

we get leaf bugs every once in a while...my cat brought me one the other week...they make a weird scream when attacked...just saying...

Cezar and Léia said...

wow impressive macro!Wonderful set of pictures.
Good luck with your projects!
Léia

Small City Scenes said...

very cool looking bug. I have never seen one like that. Super neat!!!

I hope the new renters are better to your house than the old ones were.
I hope Mom feels better. Sometimes we just feel neglected. MB

Thérèse said...

A beautiful Katydid!
Be safe one day at a time.

Kathy said...

These bugs scream? Ewww!
Keeping fingers crossed about your possible new tenants.

tracy said...

Another awesome bug shot!

Diane AZ said...

I've never seen a bug like that. You got fantastic pictures of it!

Sharon said...

You got some great photos of this unique guy! He certainly does look very much like a leaf.

steveroni said...

I think she/he is beautiful. No, I am not looking for a lunch companion--grin!

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.