I told you that Joy had some wonderful stories to share about most all of her paintings. This story was my favorite.
It seems she had just completed this painting when someone from town called saying they were having an art show and would she please enter a painting. Since this was the one she had just finished, she decided to stick it in a frame and enter it. She worked at a school with one of her very good friends and on Monday after the show, they were visiting in the teacher’s lounge. I’m sorry, but I don’t remember the friend’s name, but it seems she just went on and on about the picture that won the coveted purple ribbon denoting the Grand Prize. It seems she was just amazed that this picture won when she felt there were so many better than it. She just didn’t understand why anyone would prefer this painting of an old dead tree over so many others. She finally stopped long enough to catch her breath and ask Joy why she didn’t enter a painting as the friend hadn’t seen one by her. As Joy got up to leave the teacher’s lounge she told the friend that she had entered a painting….of an old dead tree. :)
The photo doesn’t do the painting justice. It’s a lovely painting with so much movement and depth.
I hope I got the story right. If you see any errors Annie, just tell your mom I took poetic license. :)
6 comments:
nice...i like the depth and the shadows...cool pic...
That is a beauty! Great story!
And her "friend" didn't even recognize her style or even her signature on the painting? A classic "open mouth/insert foot" story!
The sign of a true artist!
Oh, it's gorgeous! The sky looks magical through the bare branches. Great story. :)
What a great story and a lovely painting. I can see why it was chosen. I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.
Post a Comment