Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Sunday, January 8, 2012

Live each moment…

 

As I have been on hiatus, life in all it’s happiness and sadness has gone on.  Some of you may remember the wonderful wedding that I attended in September.

DSC_0111

Jim and Elinor were married again after having been divorced for almost forty years. It was a joyous and truly awesome experience.

Sadly, Elinor passed away on January the 3rd.  I know that the last three months of her life were among the happiest she had, but her passing has left a hole in the world.

 

DSC_0010

Jim has lots of people around him who love him and the support of a community that understands what “loving thy neighbor” is all about.  Mary is very lost without her mother, but struggles to honor her mother’s wish that she live a happy life.

 

DSC_0056

Elinor was honored with one of the most intimate, heart-touching funerals I have ever attended.  She was tended to with love and respect at every step along the way.

DSC_0062

 

She now waits for Jim to meet with her again, but understands we want him here with us for as long as the Lord sees fit.

DSC_0082

She was my second momma.  I will miss her dearly.  

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh, I am so sorry to learn this news. I wondered why you had been absent for so long. That casket was a work of art. I'll bet it was built by a loving friend.

Brian Miller said...

i am sorry for the loss of your friend...that is a pretty awesome casket....good to see you....

Judy said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. I remember the beautiful wedding pictures that you posted. And these touching photos are a nice tribute to your friend.

Sharon said...

I remember the wedding pictures very well. So sorry to hear of this sad event. Your tribute to her here is just beautiful.

Diane AZ said...

Welcome back to blogland. I'm so sorry for your loss. These pictures are so touching, what a lovely tribute to Elinor.

Magic Moments said...

welcome back and sorry for your loss..Beautiful tribute to your friend.Hugs

steveroni said...

Magpie, you have written a pictured one of those posts which is at once Happy and Joyful...the filled with sadness.

Bless you (again) and--as mother wished for her daughter--you too, live a life of happiness...when this period of mourning has met with the realities of life.

PEACE!

Randy said...

Magpie, how you have been missed. I am so sad to hear this news. You post and the photos are just amazing. Wishing you peace.

Small City Scenes said...

Oh my! Happiness and sadness all at once. Very touching. My heart is breaking. MB

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.