It’s winter and I live in the low desert of Arizona, so I have no snow right now. I love snow so I thought I would dig up an old picture from last April in Strawberry when they had a freak snowstorm. This picture will be here for several days and I wanted it to be a pretty one.
I’m taking some time off right now. My mom fell on Saturday morning and broke two bones in her lower left leg. Thankfully, the breaks weren’t serious enough to require surgery…at least as far as we know at this point. She’s back home, staying off the leg, and taking some pain pills. I’m going to be very busy arranging appointments and transporting her to and from dialysis. Everything takes so much longer.
Then there is Christmas to attend to and my daughter’s 17th birthday….life is busy and a bit stressful right now. So please forgive me for bowing out for a time to tend to my family. I know you all would do the same and will understand.
If I don’t “see” you before then, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
14 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about this extra burden that's been placed on you during what is always a busy time of year. But I know you will manage to do everything that needs to be done to keep everyone on the right path. So it's okay to take a little vacation. Just come back because we'll miss you!
so sorry about your mom...thanks for the note on my gramma...her surgery finally got done at 130am this morning...going to be a long road of immobility and then rehab...i hope the best for you your mom and i hope that in spite of you can enjoy the holidays...see you when you return
Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she recovers quickly. What a busy time this is for you! Happy Birthday to your wonderful daughter and Merry Christmas to you and your family. :)
Take all the time off that you need! Hope your mum gets better soon.
I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope that your holidays are happy ones. You will be missed and a big HAPPY Birthday to your daughter.
FALLING! For those of us fortunate--or not?--enough to become elderly, falling is that one great fear. She broke TWO bones? Heaven help her to heal soon!
Maybe she'll still be attending New Year's dance-party? --grin! And dialysis..those long days, 3 times a week. I hope she blogs, or plays the violin--well, those are what keep me happy, feeling sort of useful.
God bless your mom, and YOU, for making time to be her care-giver.
Yup! And Merry Christmas to YOU, Ms Magpie! PEACE!
So sorry!
I am hopping everything will run as smoothly as possible and won't interfere with your daughter's birthday and Christmas!
Warm blessings and Merry Christmas!
Have a Merry Christmas!
I hope your mom heals quickly.
Happy Birthday to your daughter.
Thank you for the pretty picture, it looks a lot like a Christmas card!
I'm sending love and lights to your sweet mommy, I wish her a faster recover.
A lovely age, congrats to your beautiful daughter, love to her heart.
and love to you all in this Christmas.
Léia
Beautiful Photo..I wish you a very merry Christmas to you my friend
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
I hope your Mother recovers fast and all will be well. We will be here when you return. MB
Hi Magie..I hope your mother is better now..My snow is gone but you are left=)..can I take some of you?=0)...Hugs and I wish you a happy new year for you and your family...
I hope things are better and your Mother is on the mend.
Happy New Year!
So sorry about your mother. I hope you managed to have a good Christmas holiday anyway. Happy New Year.
Post a Comment