Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Friday, December 16, 2011

I’m so proud…

 

I am the very proud mother of two beautiful, caring, intelligent children.  Some days that is brought home to me very clearly. As you know, my daughter’s school is going through some tough times. I want to share with you a couple of things she posted on facebook.

DSCN0827 

“Today could have been worse. It could also have been better. In band, there was an air of acceptance and forgiveness. In choir the feeling was less so. I will not take sides, I will love everybody for who they are and I will forgive their mistakes because I know for a FACT that I've made some stupid decisions that required forgiveness too. To everyone who has a negative attitude towards all of this, I'm very sorry, and if anyone wants it I have a shoulder and two very good listening ears to lend to you. I love you all ♥ Be strong, take heart- forgive, even if it takes time. That's the only way it will ever get better.”

me 3

“Goodnight facebook. ♥ Today was hard, but not as hard as yesterday. Tomorrow will be hard, but not as hard as today. The farther away we go, the better we will get, and we just need to keep moving forward for the sake of us remaining strong. As one. As a whole. As a family. ♥ Dearest wishes to you all.”

 

We want to shelter them their whole lives long, but have to realize how much stronger they become after coming through adversity.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've done a great job with both of them, and Nicole is VERY special. Love you all bunches! xxoo

Brian Miller said...

sounds like she is being very mature in light of what is going on...that doesnt just happen mom...good job

Sub Radar (Mike) said...

Very mature for her age, looks like you're doing a great job as a mom :]

Kathy said...

So much wisdom for one of her years. We should all take heed. As they say, out of the mouths of babes ...

Small City Scenes said...

You are truly blessed, Magpie. She is wise---you taught her well. MB

Randy said...

What a wonderful post. You're very lucky.

Judy said...

How proud you must be! Such a touching post.

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.