Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Easily distracted…

 

Sometimes I feel like that dog in the movie, “Up”.  You know the one who can talk. But in spite of that advanced talent, whenever he sees a squirrel  he yells, “Squirrel”, in mid sentence and takes off running. Yea, that’s pretty much me. 

Today while at the sink doing dishes, I was watching Star (my big dog) as she started off running across the back yard to chase after a cat. When she got about even with a small tree, it was like someone jerked a rope and she did an about face and started sniffing around the tree.  Curious (insert the word “Squirrel” here) I went to see what she had found.  Well there was a dead sparrow under the tree.  While picking it up I noticed the birdbath was empty and while getting the hose to fill it, I noticed the flower bed needed watering.  While doing that, it was hard not to notice the gifts that Star (my BIG dog) leaves for me around the yard. While hosing off my little shovel after that pleasant job, I noticed the rocks I’ve been bringing home from my trips with Annie needed cleaning. I was standing right by the Crepe Myrtle I got from my Pop last fall and it’s beginning to show signs of life so I got my camera. After taking those pictures and a few of some flowers (how could I resist?), I noticed I needed to clean and refill the humming bird feeders.  While in the kitchen doing that, I noticed someone had left the dishes in the sink and now the water was cold. Wonder who did that?

DSC_0018 (2)

BTW Happy Valentine’s Day!!!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Look how busy you made your day!

Brian Miller said...

haha...i dunno who did that...smiles....but made for a nice pic though...smiles.

tracy said...

LOL. And when you get done with that you are going down to the filling station to get a soda. Yep.

Judy said...

That was a good laugh to start the day! sounds like the story of my life.

Randy said...

Too funny. I feel like that dog at work. I jump from one project to another as if the other project was the squirrel. Happy V-Day!

Diane AZ said...

It is amusing how one thing leads to another. Lovely Crepe Myrtle! :)

Sharon said...

LOL....what a great description of your day!

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.