Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Saturday, February 18, 2012

Happy Un-birthday!!!

 

“There are exactly as many special occasions in life as we choose to celebrate.”  -Robert Brault

 

Tracy has shared with me a website that has all kinds of great thoughts and ideas.  Above is a quote from the site regarding “gratitude”.  I especially like what it conveys to me. It also talked about Lewis Carroll’s invention of the “un-birthday”…a day we celebrate simply because it’s not our birthday. 

So today, I’m choosing to celebrate my un-birthday!

DSC_0025

I was up early and out taking pictures of the crescent moon rising.  It was so COLD!  But I was doing something I enjoy and felt very much alive in that moment.

I hope you all enjoy your un-birthdays today!!!

10 comments:

Brian Miller said...

yay! i like un birthdays...since alice in wonderland when i first heard of it...great shot! we def should celebrate more....love that first quote too...

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really did get up to take a photo. Good for you! I was warm and cozy in bed and look what I missed.

Judy said...

Rock-on!
Great shot!

Kathy said...

It almost looks like an eclipse. Or maybe it was. I'm not up on the lunar happenings, especially before dawn! I'll be sending you a private message later in the day. Have a great one!

steveroni said...

One of the TOP moon-shots I've seen. Even peeps who have been there would like that!

If Unbirthdays come with presents, then I send you...
PEACE!

Randy said...

And a Happy Un-Birthday to you too. Do share that website. Have a happy Sunday.

Magic Moments said...

Beautiful....the ice is so thick now that you can go without fear of falling into the water=D...Have a happy..happy day=D

Cezar and Léia said...

I think it's always time to celebrate life!
Wonderful image!
Hugs and a nice week ahead,
Léia

Sharon said...

Well a giant happy un-birthday to you! And, what an amazing shot of the moon! Fabulous.

I added link to the location of the court building on my site. Roughly it's on 1st Ave. & Jackson.

Small City Scenes said...

Well I am back from my adventure and all is well. I just learned today about the tragedy on Stevens Pass. Because the Cascades Mountains cut this state in half there are many passes to go over to get from on side to another. Stevens pass is higher than Snoqualmie that we traversed. Pictures on the blog.
Thanks for the concern, I appreciate it.And I am grateful.
Happy unbirthday---a joyous occasion. MB

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.