Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sing a song of sixpence…

 

DSCN1335

This mockingbird was out in the Ocotillo this morning singing his heart out.  I’m sure he’s practicing his courting song for the soon-to-be new Mrs. Mockingbird.  Or possibly, he’s practicing “their” song.  The one that he wooed her with last year. 

 

DSCN1338

Other signs of spring…leaf buds are popping out all over the yard.

 

DSCN1331

And I have it on the best authority (the neighbor lady), that a few of these lovelies placed around your yard will keep the gophers away.  Seems when the wind blows them, they set off vibrations in the ground that the gophers don’t like.  Since I moved this one to a new gopher hole, I’m not sure how well they’re working.  Sorry this shot is a bit blurry, but it was spinning like crazy when I took this photo.

Happy Spring!!!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Wish I had heard that gopher trick when I lived there! Speaking of spring, we are estimated to reach a high of 84 today. I'm still waiting for winter to come!

Anonymous said...

Well even if it doesn't work you have a very pretty whirly gig!

Sharon said...

I noticed the buds poppoing out on the trees that line my driveway. It's seems like just yesterday that the old leaves fell off.

Judy said...

Great shot of the mockingbird. I love to hear them singing and ours has started to sing again just last week although it is much to cold to start nesting.
I will have to find out where to get one of those gopher whirligigs.

Randy said...

These are great shots!

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.