Well we had such a wonderful Thanksgiving Day it’s taken me two days to post anything about it. You know how this time of the year can be…busy, busy. We have started a family tradition of going to Prescott for our Thanksgiving meal. It’s not to get away from people, but to reconnect with my little nuclear family. Greg, Nicole and I go to Murphy’s for a fantastic meal and then we pick somewhere around Prescott that we would like to go see. Last year it was Lynx Lake and that was truly beautiful. It was a rainy day last year and we walked part of the way around the lake. The leaves were gorgeous!!
This year we had spied a sign for Granite Basin Lake on the way into town and decided we would check it out. The road is paved and a nice drive. I just wish we had had more rain this year so the leaves would be prettier. There are several places to pull off before you get to the “lake”. There’s a place for horses and then there are trails to follow…by foot, bike or evidently mule….
This gentleman said they had enjoyed their ride, but were getting hungry. Time to go eat turkey!
Saying this was a lake was being generous. I’ve seen farm ponds back in Illinois bigger than this, but it was a pleasant place. Size doesn’t matter, right???? There were ducks and geese, but they weren’t the kind that were used to being fed and would come right up to you. This was wildlife, after all…..
And speaking of wildlife…both Greg and my brother, Glen, assure me this is a bear track. I could be being yanked, but it didn’t look like a dog print to me…
And I don’t think this bear’s name would have been Pooh either!
There were other “wild” things at the lake….
Wild tobacco… Acorn Woodpecker…
this “wild” guy with mistletoe..
And this little girl with cat tails…
The lake was beautiful and we had a great time.
We spent two hours walking, exploring, playing and enjoying each other’s company
I’m so glad we’ve started this tradition and know we’re all looking forward to continuing it. Now for something I just couldn’t resist……
Are you likn’ my lichen??
“Gobble, gobble!!”
2 comments:
Awesome blog! Sounds like you have a great Holiday to look forward to every year!
Such great memories are made when we think outside the box and mix it up during the holidays. It's fun getting off the beaten path and making your own adventures. I think we might try something like that next year.
Post a Comment