Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Sunday, November 29, 2009

Water, lights, action….

Tracy loves water…and what a coincidence, so do I!

Tracy loves to take pictures…and what a coincidence, so do I!

So guess what Tracy and I did last Friday evening? You got it, we took pictures of water….then picked Bill up in a bar. (Technically, still a “watering” hole). Here’s how that happened. Tracy and I wanted to take pictures of the geese and ducks at the lake in Litchfield Park and then the  Christmas lights at the Wigwam Resort. Since we thought it might be poor etiquette to just wonder on the grounds and take pictures, Bill made the supreme sacrifice of going and waiting for us in the bar. After the lake shots, we met up with him in the bar to make things legitimate before we headed outside to take pictures of the lights. So see really, he took one for the team…well maybe more than one, but you see how noble he was, right?

Anyway, we ended up getting to the lake a little later than we wanted and we had lost the light for shots of ducks and geese. But they have a couple of fountains there and we had such fun playing with the settings to see what different effects we could get of the fountain. Here are a couple of my favorites.

DSC_0263

DSC_0272  These were all done without the benefit of a tripod. We balanced our cameras and ourselves on the pier posts and did the best we could. It was fun and a little crazy.DSC_0287 Then I liked the look of this church with the lights on and still enough daylight to see the cross at the top.DSC_0283

I wasn’t as happy with the shots I got of the lights. I’m such a work in progress!!  Here are a couple… DSC_0316 

 

 

 

 

DSC_0311

 

 

 

 

 

I had a concept in my mind of this shot. It just didn’t quite work out like I wanted, but maybe you’ll get the idea….DSC_0319

 

 

Then I like this angle…

DSC_0297

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_0291 

 

 

 

Inside the Wigwam was gorgeous…

 

 

For all the Christmas light shots I was using the new 50 mm lens I just got from Tracy. There were beautiful rose bushes all over the place and you know me, I just couldn’t resist taking a shot of one.  No flash…DSC_0326  

I really enjoyed the time. It sounds funny, but when I’m out taking pictures the time seems magical and fun…like when I was a kid…

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That's our Bill, goin that extra mile and takin one for the team!!! Gotta love him :) Nice pics...love the first one the best, the coloring is so natural and calming. Glad you girls had fun.

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.