Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Pet Diaries….Part II

Continued…

Day Six – Morning:  I’m beginning to think Tic and Tac are really not so innocent.  I think maybe they’re putting on that “Dumb and Dumber” act. I caught them with a copy of “101 Ways to Barbecue Humans”.

Day Six – Evening:  Things are taking a turn for the worse. Today on the porch there was a package addressed simply, “The Cats”. The return address was a skull and crossbones. If they offer me a drink, I think I’ll pass.

Day Seven – Morning:  I need to be careful here…I’m sure they’re monitoring this diary. There was Thwack hair in the hallway this morning and signs of a struggle. Someone had done a quick cleanup, but I could still tell. I think they may have discovered my m-o-l-e.  I think I’m safe – they can read, but I don’t think they can s-p-e-l-l.

Day Seven – Evening:  It appears as though my m-o-l-e is safe. Our all-clear sign was there this evening. I don’t know how much longer we’ll both be safe though…someone has been in the knife drawer and the cookbook was open to roasting times. Say a little prayer for the undercover cat.

Day Eight – Morning:  Things were quiet this morning.  Too quiet.  Twix, Tic and Tac have begun running in a pack.  Thwack is always watching from the shadows.  The fish just look at me sadly.  I’m sure I saw one make the sign of the cross.

Day Eight – Evening:  I was running a little late tonight…it was already dark when I got here.  So maybe I was a little spooked to start with. I spent some extra time with Hobie and was a little behind schedule with the Cats.  Tribble, the poor soul in solitary confinement, was happy to see me, but seemed…well…concerned.  I finished with everyone else and Twix, Tic and Tac were seemingly happily eating in their room. I had just turned out the dining room light and was making my way across the living room by the light of the fish tank when, “click”, the aquarium light went out. I froze, standing there in the darkness waiting for my eyes to adjust.  Suddenly, I felt fur brush up against my leg. I panicked and ran for the door, dropped my keys, felt something else brush against me, bent down to search for the keys and realized now I was down at “their” level…

To be continued….

No comments:

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.