Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Friday, November 12, 2010

Up close and personal….

Here are some shots from the Botanical Gardens where I was able to get a little up close and personal with the flora and fauna.

DSC_0010

These are all pretty much straight out of the camera. I haven’t had time to do any post processing.

DSC_0012

Not sure I’m going to either.

DSC_0018

The textures were amazing.

DSC_0081    

DSC_0020

This shot was taken with Tracy’s expert help.  She had to hold the stalk of the plant so I could see the bug.  Then between her shaking and mine, we did pretty good.  The shot was Kathy’s idea though.

In the shade garden there was a sign with this quote:

“To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.”  William Blake

9 comments:

Tracy said...

Great close-ups once again, Magpie!

Brian Miller said...

nice. these are great! love the dragonfly!

Kathy said...

I missed the whole encounter with the dragonfly. I'm duly impressed with all!

Sharon said...

Beautiful shots! Isn't the garden a great place to take pictures? I love it there.

Small City Scenes said...

Excellent shots. I don't know what you would do when you say 'processing' but I say leave them bee.
Great macro. My camera seems to wnat to focus on the back of the shot---even on macro setting. I luck out sometimes though. MB

Kathy said...

You are incredible with macros, Nancy! I wanted to reach out and feel the texture of some of those shots!

Diane AZ said...

Wonderful textures and bugs! The dragonfly is really cool, I rarely see them.

Cezar and Léia said...

It must be quite relaxing to wander in the botanical garden and take some photos... Thanks for sharing!
God bless you!
Cezar

Lisa said...

I love the raw, unaltered pictures...they speak to me. You got some great photos here. Glad you gals had a fun day :)

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.