This is Nicole’s summer reading (recommended) for her AP Literature class her Junior year. Except with my old brain cells, I mistakenly got “Great Expectations” instead of “The Great Gatsby”. I’ll have to exchange that one. Then she has another list to choose two books from that she’ll need to do book reports on.
Can you guess which one she picked to start with?
PS: I had an absolutely wonderful evening with two close friends. We went out for an early celebration of my birthday. Bookstores, Mexican food and coffee smoothies!!! It just couldn’t get any better. Thank you Annie and Alice…what wonderful friends you are.
11 comments:
woohoo on the birthday! glad you had a great time...i would start with huck finn or cuckoo's nest
Happy Birthday! Sounds like a good birthday get-together! Good luck to Nicole on reading all those classics!
wow so nice news, Happy Birthday!
and it's so nice to see all those books, classic literature is wonderful!
Léia
Happy Birthday to you! Great reads for the summer.
I would have chosen "One flew over the cuckoo's nest." One rare movie I liked perhaps more (I am not sure anymore though) than the book read before... I should reread the book to find out.
Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had fun. I also love Mexican food and bookstores. That's quite a stack of books for Nicole's summer reading. :)
And a early Happy Birthday to you! I would guess that she picked the Kafka first. I know that would be my choice. I love bookstores and the first stop after leaving the airport on Thursday is Changing Hands in Tempe! I am visiting family in the Northeast Valley. What's your favorite bookstore in town?
LOL. she picked the skinny one.
Happy Almost-Birthday! Sounds like a nice time.
I would go with "Great Expectations"-- get the biggest one tackled first! It's nice to see Huck Finn still on the list after all the recent controversy. I'm curious-- is it the edited version or the original?
Happy Birthday! So glad you had a early celebration with friends and with Mexican Food to boot! You can't beat that.
All of them favourites of mine, including the Great Gatsby! And happy belated birthday!
Post a Comment