Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Friday, May 27, 2011

Unknowen…..

 

This is a photo taken on a trip with my BFF, Annie.  We both enjoy quiet walks through old cemeteries trying to connect with times gone by.

DSC_0087

As this is Memorial Day weekend and we all should be remembering our loved ones who have gone before and those we may not have known, but who have served to give us freedom, I thought this was an appropriate photo to reflect on.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend filled with fun, but also with memories of those who have gone before us laying the stones on the path we will one day walk.  

11 comments:

Brian Miller said...

heart breaking...

no one should be unknowen

Brian Miller said...

oh and have a great weekend...smiles.

Kathy said...

I agree with Brian. At least one loving person has honored this little one with a lovely bouquet.

Small City Scenes said...

I, too, agree with Brian. Bittersweet. MB

cieldequimper said...

Unknown soldiers and unknown babies... Terrible...

Judy said...

Oh, too sad. But someone must have known this child. I hope there was love for the journey through life even though it was brief.

Thanks for the congrats for our graduate! It seems like yesterday that she was just a baby.

Thérèse said...

No happy thoughts.

Betsy Brock said...

yes, we need to pause and remember..and be thankful!

Randy said...

What a great shot! It was so darn hot there by the time we left today and I am so happy to be home where it's nice and cool.

Pierre BOYER said...

Cette image fait ressortir le vide, l'absence....

Pierre

Diane AZ said...

So sad...at least someone cared enough to place the flowers. Powerful image!

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.