Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Sunday, June 12, 2011

I just can’t explain…

what has been going on with me.  I can’t seem to find my muse or my energy.  But as my brother (whom I listen to in most all things) has taken it upon himself to chide me into “fishing or cutting bait” because he has become bored with the same posting for almost two weeks….ouch….did I say “two weeks”?  That’s bad isn’t it?

This evening was really very lovely and as close to cool as we’ll see in a long time.  So I took my camera outside to play with my tripod and some light and night shots.

DSC_0018

This is a fiber optic, solar powered flower.  It was a gift from my brother, Richard, and sister-in-law, Lisa.  It’s lovely in the garden at night.

DSC_0015 

I decided I wanted to play with long exposures and movement….

 

DSC_0029

DSC_0027

Guess what?  I had fun.  I enjoyed myself.  I moved outside of my head and quit thinking so much.  I think I’ll try doing that again tomorrow.  :)

Thank you, Richard, for poking me when I needed it.

12 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

This looks kinda extra-terrestrial, very cool!
God bless you!
Cezar

cieldequimper said...

Ah, though I liked the purple sage, I'm glad to see something else too! And wow, you really have been experimenting! Those are really cool and now I want a fibre optic solar powered flower. There you go...

Kathy said...

Been wondering where you were and what you were doing.

These pics are glorious. Wish I knew how. I'm a light ignoramus.

Brian Miller said...

ok glad to hear its fiber optic because i thought you might be working magic...cool effects...and great to see you...hope that muse finds you again today...cause its always good to see you...smiles.

lizziviggi said...

Oh, that is what siblings are for! I'm so glad I have my sister... we do help each other get through the hard times when we need it. I'm glad you ended up having fun. I know exactly what you mean about getting out of your head, but it's so much easier said than done. This flower could be a beautiful light at the end of the tunnel.

Actually, it looks like Tinkerbell fell into the flower!

Judy said...

This is so cool! I know that must have been fun. I thought about digging out the tripod last night too because there was this huge strange cloud formation overhead and it was all lit up by the moon. But then I remembered that the tripod was in the garage and I was in my jammies, so I just went in and went to bed.
I'm glad you didn't give up.

Sharon said...

These are gorgeous shots. I love them. Experiment more!

steveroni said...

Poke! Poke! Hey! Richard is poking me ALSO!

Loved your 'photo-playing'...

Diane AZ said...

Wow, the fiber optic flower and your pictures of it are magical!

Thérèse said...

First rate results on top of fun for you and enjoyment for us...

Randy said...

These are stunning. Well done!

Pierre BOYER said...

There's something magic in this flower...

Pierre

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.