Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Friday, June 24, 2011

Sweet and juicy….

DSCN0898
The tomatoes are really starting to get ripe in the garden.  I’m posting ahead as I will be out of town this weekend and am trying to do a better job.  My brother had to rattle my cage again. :(
I plan on slicing these to have with our dinner tonight. I will add to the post to tell you how delicious they were.  I need to pick a few of the green ones so I can try Ciel’s recipe for Green Tomato Jam which was a favorite of her grandmother’s.
I plan on being gone from Friday until next Monday. Back up to Strawberry with Annie and Alice.  I am SO looking forward to this down time. So I've got some posted done ahead and I'll visit you all as soon as I get back.

8 comments:

Brian Miller said...

i hope you have a great trip one of my fav things about summer is tomato sandwiches...yum!

Thérèse said...

Enjoy your tomatoes and let us know about the jam...
Our harvest seems to be the best one in years on this side of the Valley...

Enchanted Oak said...

I'm jealous of your tomatoes. Here in the California central coast the flowers are just beginning to set. Meanwhile, the basil that's supposed to accompany the sliced fresh tomatoes (with strips of mozzarella all drizzled with balsamic vinegar and fresh olive oil) is blooming like crazy. That does make a luscious salad, by the way. Layer a tomato slice, a thin mozzarella slice, and a large basil leaf to cover, then drizzle with balsamic vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil. Yum!
Have a great weekend!

Judy said...

Ok, now your just teasing me. Those are going to taste delish!
The trip sounds like fun! Have a good time.

Brian Miller said...

ps. it was so cool getting a comment from your daughter the other day...smiles.

Kathy said...

Yum!

steveroni said...

Ate dinner tonight in "Sweet Tomatoes" a really REALLY nice chain of salads, soups, chilies, pasta. breads. sweets--lots of them. And it is all-you-can-eat.

Love your tomatoes--in the garden, or on the table!

Pierre BOYER said...

Mmmm...
Taste it just with a bit of salt...
:-)
Hava a great day,

Pierre

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.