What do you do on the days when life just seems to be overwhelming? You know when you think you have a plan and that you've really thought things out and are looking to taking care of the future and BAM! something just kicks your feet right out from under you?
I know what I do. I ignore it and try to stay upbeat and positive for Greg, that is until that one little thing happens...you know the straw the camel just couldn't take. It doesn't have to be something big and usually isn't..it's just that one last grain of sand that pushes me over the edge. Then I need a few hours to rant and rave, cry, piss and moan and generally feel sorry for myself. This is where the balance that is my and Greg's marriage works so well...when he sees me in mid-meltdown, he puts aside however he's feeling and assures me everything will be okay and that we can handle this just like we have so many things before and that as long as we're together, everything will be fine. This is the glue that holds us together...that ability to be strong when the other can't, to know that sometimes it's your turn to support and sometimes it's my turn, because somedays we all just need to be held and told everything will be okay. Somehow that makes everything alright. Now it hasn't changed the fact that both of us will still have to work at whatever has to be done and that it won't be any easier or quicker or cheaper...but just knowing someone else is right there with you committed to making things right, changes everything. Being held and comforted should never, ever be under-rated.
This is one thing I love dearly about this man...when I can't seem to find my boot straps to pull myself up by...he always does.

3 comments:
I like Greg. I think you should keep him. :-)
Me too!!
See men can be good for something! No, seriously, Greg is your rock and you are his...that's what makes it work :)
Post a Comment