Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Saturday, November 21, 2009

Old McDonald had a farm….

This morning Lisa, Sara (her neighbor), and I went to the farmer’s market over by their house. We didn’t really know what to expect, but were all up for the adventure.  The farmer’s market is every third Saturday of the month from September to April. They also have a food only farmer’s market on Thursday evenings. On Saturdays there are all kinds of things going on..

We had a really great time and had to make a trip to the truck to drop off all our loot and head back for more.

DSC_0292

There were two produce stands. One had goods from several farms and the other one just from a local place called the Crooked Sky Farm.

DSC_0319

 

 

Everyone was so nice and shared so much information with us. It was obvious they were committed and passionate about their work and products.

 

DSC_0322

 

DSC_0302

DSC_0293

DSC_0302

There were jams, jellies, honeys, relishes, baked goods, pastas, flowers,nuts, and Holy Granoly…

There were hungry babies….DSC_0334

 

 

 

 

And beautiful babies….DSC_0332

DSC_0328 

And guys who told me they were very photogenic…DSC_0317

 

He said he could give us a health reading by feeling our pulse…I took his card and picture, but that was all.

Friendly guy though…

 

 

These two young men were entrepreneurs from out Buckeye way. They have total charge of the care, feeding, and egg collection for the chickens on the family farm. That’s how they earn their money. Who wouldn’t have bought from them??  They sold out their eggs in like eight minutes flat.

DSC_0325 

Lisa was lucky enough to get the last dozen….DSC_0326

 

 

 

 

There was this really neat fountain that looked like a bench. I was telling Lisa how I had mistakenly leaned against it while taking a picture of the pot bellied pig and gotten my pant leg wet. (See how the top part is dry, but the lower outer edge has water running over it.) DSC_0337 Just as Lisa was saying she wondered how they kept people from sitting on it….a lady did…to take a picture of the pig...I couldn’t get a picture…she jumped up like a jack-in-the-box!!! You would have thought her pants were on fire instead of wet…I bet the water was pretty cold though.

 

 

We had a wonderful day. There was a wine tasting that was due to start about the time we decided we better head home. Sara and I were pretty sure all we would do was break out in hives…Lisa was a little disappointed. But, you know, we needed to get those eggs home and in the fridge. We will definitely go back…..e – i – e – i – o….

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm so glad we got to go and that we were able to score lots of good organic produce. You know me....that's how I was raise and that's pretty much how I still eat. We couldn't have asked for a better day....Lots of sun, good friends and good food :)

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.