“But the dream that makes a sparrow fly can make an eagle fall. One that makes a rich man money, it ain’t no dream at all…” Hal Ketchum
Everyone can tell how good restaurant is by the line waiting to get in…
Here’s the line waiting to get in…and in the rain no less.
Can’t you just hear the two on the left telling the other guy that “two’s company – three’s a crowd”??
“What makes him think he’s so special…I can say “aflac!” too. Nobody came and asked me…I need a new agent.”
I love birds…
5 comments:
This is a great post! You know...here's a secret. I used to be terrified of birds. Not so much if they just would sit in the trees and sing, but if they came toward me I was a shaking, palpitating, sweaty mess. LOL. I've gotten control of that, though, and now enjoy them...more. :-) Love the quotes you used!
What kind of hawk was that? It was an awesome shot. I'm such a sucker for the hawklike birds. And the cedar waxwings that come every winter. And goldfinches. And mockingbirds....
Dear Enchanted,
I believe it's a Red Tailed Hawk. I too love their power and beauty, but my all time forever favorite still has to be the mockingbird.
One night a mockingbird was singing in the tree outside my bedroom, and I had to get up to grab a piece of paper and write down its song. That was fun, trying to translate mockingbird into English.
I came upon a golden eagle once in the mountains. It was standing on the road, a rabbit or squirrel in its claws. It stood as high as the hood of my car. Awesome. Biggest bird I ever saw.
Chris, that's amazing. I didn't know they got that big. I bet it was fierce looking too.
I've been told that the mockingbird that sings at night is a male that didn't find a mate. :(
Post a Comment