Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Friday, February 19, 2010

I’m doing the happy dance…

I went to see my doctor for my first follow up visit after being diagnosed with diabetes and high cholesterol. I already had high blood pressure, so I was pretty much a walking stroke waiting to happen.

But I got a gold star for my forehead!!!

I have dropped 30 pounds; my A1c dropped from 7.8 to 6.0; my cholesterol dropped 82 points to 179; my triglycerides dropped 142 points to 134;  my HDL is up 12 points to 58; my LDL is down 70 points to 99; my glucose is down to 97; and I have cut my blood pressure medication in half!!!!  I have a long way to go  before we can see about getting off most of the meds, but she says that’s very likely to happen.

So, I love my family and friends for all their help and support through my struggles. Thank you Nicole and Greg for being so understanding and being there for me when I was having Dr. Pepper withdrawals…oh, it was ugly.

DSC_0060

3 comments:

Life Is A Road Trip said...

Great news, Nancy! You feel good and you look great, too!

Kathy said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Hard work pays off!

Leslie Marie said...

I'm so very proud of you Aunt Nancy! Keep up the good work; every little bit makes a big difference! Eyes on the prize! :) Love you!

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.