Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Saturday, February 20, 2010

Little Pippy Birds…

There are several small birds that we have in our yard that I don’t know the name of.  Most of the time they flit around so much and are so quick that by the time I get the binoculars to see them, they’re gone.  I’ve come to call all of them Pippy Birds because of the little pip pip sounds they make.

This little guy was quite accommodating though.  He was so busy getting his fill at the hummingbird feeder, he didn’t hear me slide the door open to take these pictures.

DSC_0062

He’s called a verdin. Isn’t he just the cutest little thing?

DSC_0065

 

DSC_0066

I bought a small bird house with a small opening just for him and his wife, but so far no one’s interested in the real estate.

3 comments:

Life Is A Road Trip said...

I love his little yellow head!

Enchanted Oak said...

Dear Magpie,
I'm like you, running for the bird book when somebody new takes a few moments to visit. I discovered I have a black phoebe that way. Congrats on the weight loss and new eating plan. That's a major accomplishment! Hooray for you!

Magpie said...

Thank you so much, Enchanted! It's been work, but it's paying off.

We have both Black and Says Phoebes here. I love them. They're proportioned so beautifully.

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.