Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Granite Basin Lake…not forgotten

 

Well, it almost was.  The day Tracy and I went up to Prescott we visited both Lynx Lake and Granite Basin Lake. I already posted pictures from Lynx Lake, but almost forgot about these shots from Granite Basin.

 

DSC_0179

It’s a small lake, but offers lily pads, a beach area, cattails, granite mountainsides, fishing, wildlife, and wonderful reflections.

 

DSC_0181

 

 

DSC_0193

 

 

DSC_0199

 

 

DSC_0205

 

  

DSC_0220

We saw ducks, a blue heron, and woodpeckers, but this little guy was the only mammal.  He wasn’t too shy and really wanted to eat that pretty yellow flower.  

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh, your gopher photo is great! Of course, so are all the others. I want to go back there someday. It was so peaceful and beautiful!

Diane AZ said...

What a pretty lake and reflections. And, I love the gopher, nice find!

Brian Miller said...

nice. crisp reflections...and of course the little guy is cute...smiles.

Kathy said...

What a lovely array of autumn reflections! I'm so glad others before me recognized the little guy as a gopher!

Enchanted Oak said...

I enjoyed the gorgeous reflections on water of autumn trees. The gopher's cute, out there where he belongs...not here in my garden.

Sharon Creech said...

Beautiful, beautiful reflections. . .

Small City Scenes said...

A wonderful little lake with many offerings of reflections. thanks for showing it.
Supper picture of the varmint. MB

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.