Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Saturday, November 27, 2010

Set in stone….

 

DSC_0001

On one of our recent trips out and about, Tracy and I went to the new Avondale Library.  She’s shown some pictures of some of the mosaics before, but encouraged me to take some shots. So here are a few of my favorites.

 

DSC_0003

The large mosaic at the beginning of the post contains several smaller panels picturing important features and locations in the Avondale area.  I don’t know who Fred is, but he’s obviously an important local personality.

 

DSC_0006 

Scenes from some well-known stories….Moby Dick

 

DSC_0007

Rapunzel….a story currently enjoying a rewrite in Disney’s studios.

 

DSC_0008

Oh, those naughty caterpillars!!  Alice in Wonderland. 

4 comments:

Brian Miller said...

nice...these are very cool...love mosaics...and the ones of thes tory books are esp cool...

Cezar and Léia said...

Oh gosh, this is so beautiful! What a fantastic theme to share with us, thank you!
God bless you!
Cezar

Diane AZ said...

I adore mosaics and libraries! I agree, that Fred of Fred's Garage must be very important. Cute scene from Alice in Wonderland.

Small City Scenes said...

That is a great mosaic. I would like to try my hand at a smaller one. I have gotten some plates from the thrift and now I get to break them---hard to do on purpose---and I got the stuff. Now I just have to do it. Urge me on!! LOL MB

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.