Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Aunt Dutch…this is for you…

 

On her last visit to see Bill and Tracy, my Aunt Dutch came out to see Mom and my family also.   Yes, Tressie and Pat were here too!!  We were all sitting outside taking pictures in funny glasses and talking flowers.  I was lamenting about my inability to grow Marigolds and my sweet, loving Aunt Dutch laughed at me.  :)  I guess Marigolds are one of the easiest flowers to grow…almost like a weed.  Alas, mine always die. 

Well I hung in there and kept dropping the seeds from the dead blossoms back into my hanging basket hoping for a Lazarus-type miracle.  And lo and behold, I received one!!

DSC_0002

I guess I was over watering my Marigolds in the heat of the summer and due to my recent  neglect, my Marigolds are doing wonderfully…..in December!

 

DSC_0001

So, Aunt Dutch, don’t give up on me yet.  I’m always learning….trying to anyway.  Here are my Marigolds that I would like to share with you  in your snow-covered  Illinois.

5 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

Fortunately Marigolds are the most persistant bright golden little guys and they just wanted to please you. Very pretty. MB

lizziviggi said...

Or share with me in my rain-soaked pacific northwest, as the case may be! That bright, cheerful color enlivens the soul. So glad you discovered their secret!

Kathy said...

I'll bet from now on you'll be an expert marigold cultivator!

Diane AZ said...

Marigold in December? What a nice surprise for you. I've had trouble growing marigolds from seed also. Maybe I was trying too hard and over-watering.

Brian Miller said...

marigolds are so pretty...glad your found you...eventually

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.