Musings....

Musings...."In the end we are all separate: our stories, not matter how similar, come to a fork and diverge.
We are drawn to each other because of our similarities, but it is our differences we must learn to respect." Unknown




Friday, July 29, 2011

Found Art….

 

While taking another “creative” route with Annie the other day in Goodyear, we came across this statue.  It’s a beautiful piece and sits tucked back in an out-of-the-way parking lot.  I think it needs to be somewhere much more prominent.

I came back early in the morning thinking there wouldn’t be anyone around and the light might be better.  Wouldn’t you know it…the landscape crew was there and it was kinda cloudy.  But they didn’t mind me and I didn’t mind them and phooey on the lighting.

DSC_0001

 

DSC_0002

 

DSCN1085  

The artist’s name is Vic Payne.  I couldn’t find a title to the piece and  my shots don’t do it justice – it has such amazing detail.  From what I found, he has been sculpting for over 30 years.  There is a gallery that carries his pieces in Sedonna too, I believe.   But to find a work of art by someone so famous where we did just amazes me.

11 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow, that is a wonderful piece. Fantastic detail and artistry. It's just gorgeous.

Brian Miller said...

wow what an amazing piece...yeah on the detail and the action it captures....

steveroni said...

It is a thrill to observe you--relentless and determined to explore the New World and FIND stuff!

These photos are priceless, and the history accompanying also priceless.

Were you/are you curator of a museum? Anyway, a pleasure it is to click here and be entertained and enlightened!

Kathy said...

Now that's a big cat. Lighting on outdoor sculpture can be very tricky I've found. I think you did a great job with this one.

Diane AZ said...

Fantastic sculpture! The title might be "The Hunter Becomes the Hunted" I think you did very well with the lighting.

Anonymous said...

That is incredible! Where is it? I have a photo of one of his sculptures from Sedona. I will post it when I get back. It was my favorite.

Randy said...

I knew I had seen this before. It was bugging me until I read the rest of your post.

Thérèse said...

Very impressive and one has to be talented to render such a balance.

Judy said...

What a great find! I love it!

cieldequimper said...

I just love, love, love this. Reminds me of some bronzes in Joseph, OR. I think I took about 100 photos of 3 of them. Then I went and lost the photos.

Enchanted Oak said...

I'm stunned. What wonderful work!

Photographs....

All photos on the blog are mine unless I decide to give credit where credit is due...and I always do.


Photos on my blog are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.